Saturday, December 30, 2006

Rolling Up My Sleeves...

In 2006, I ran 5 road races. 4 5k's and one out of state Half-Marathon. I purchased approximately 5 pairs of running shoes. I almost ran my 5th marathon, but quit mid-training. I traveled to 2 places I'd never been; Charlotte, NC., & Asheville, NC. I saw an NFL game in Charlotte. I lounged, ran and ate in Asheville where I discovered a great restaurant called Limones. While there on a trail run, I also lost my car key, was locked out in the middle of no where and met a guy with a kind soul who helped this stranded one. I flew to San Francisco and Las Vegas to be with old friends. I joined a group for about 3 months and found new friends. I read more books than I ever have in my life and although I don't think my vocabulary has improved, I am better now at crossword puzzles. I gave flowers. I received flowers. I found a great pal at work. I lost a person who was an inspriation to me only after being in my life for 5 months. He was the first person to come along in like forever who had inspired me. He used to work in my office and now is elsewhere. I took risks in love. I took risks at work. I think I have quit being so full of anger and grief for all I have lost. I saw lots of mediocre and crappy movies like The Break-up, The Lake House, & Inside Man. I saw a few good ones like Bobby, United 93, & Little Miss Sunshine. I poured oodles of money into Stabucks and Peets Coffee. I was gone for awhile and then I came back and you know what, It's nice to see me again!!
Oh, AND…I found neat, neat folks via a place called blogger.com :)

As we head into the new year, I hope to create one of more risk, more adventure & more fun.

For 2007, these are my 3 BIG GOALS

Run a 50 mile race
Ride a 100 mile bike race or ride solo
Take a vacation to Seattle, Vancouver or outside North America

For the Month Of January (Every month, I plan to give up something new)

Give up cookies and candy.

I would love to hear yuor stories and plans!! Cheers

7 comments:

SassyFemme said...

I had to reread those goals, my gosh, the 50 mile race and 100 mile bike race are something! I mean really, I'm in awe that anyone would even attempt that!

As for my goal, just basically to be a nicer, better, more thoughtful person.

Kelly said...

I like the new look of the blog, AF.

Congratulations on everything you accomplished in 2006. If I've come to know anything about you over the last few months, I'm confident that 2007 will bring you more risk, adventure and fun.

You are one of the most focused and passionate people I know and it's exciting and inspiring to follow along with your journey.

r.d. said...

I see you added some color- nice afunt.

I agree, The Break-up sucked as did The Lake House. New Years goals kind of scare me, too much pressure but of course I have some ideas in the back of my mind. May all your goals become a reality afunt-good luck.

Middle Girl said...

2006, an active, accomplished, adventure filled year for you-congratulations.

And you have even more in store for 2007-Go Lady!

Me? Took my first plane ride in 2006 to a place I'd never been before. (LV, NV) I resurrected private writing and started writing for public consumption. I came out to my son & daughter (& blog land) this year.

For 2007 there are various travel plans, more writing, making new, friends, cultivating relationships formed this 2006.

I look forward to coming around-reading about your new adventures and accomplished goals.

The color is fantastic.

Trinity2 said...

Yes, I like the new look, too!
I think I need to get crackin' on my career. I need to sit for every test offered for my registration until I pass them all. Last year, I sat for one for the first time in years so that's a start.
So, I'm more career and fitness oriented this year - as opposed to relationship oriented.
And, to ring in the new year I am going to go for a run as soon as it gets light out and then get my hair cut and have a new look. So, lots of things to look forward to this year.
The 50 and 100 mile races sound incredible. I will be interested to hear all about your journey this next year.

Theresa said...

What an open, inspiring and uplifting post. Thank you!

I quit smoking a few months ago ... for about the 10th time. But I really can't start again. As of January 1st, I'm having the same amount of money I would have spent on smokes automatically taken out of my paycheck and donated to the United Way. Do you know how much money that is??? Who can afford to compromise their health AND be charitable? :)

Next ... give up candy and cookies. Hopefully it will be easy after the holiday binge fest.

Happy New Year!

storm indigo said...

You have had quite a year and, I must say, I am in awe of your goals for '07. I will be cheering for you.

I plan on painting more, I want to create a calendar. I also want to be more active this year, i am going to start with walking more.

I have figured out that I did shed a great deal of baggage in the past couple of years. It is refreshing. I know I will be able to continue on that positive path.

I have some courses I need to take. I need to focus on my career; I am not fulfilled at all.