Thursday, December 14, 2006

CoffeeHouse Mishap #2

If you have read my post titled http://trippedbyit.blogspot.com/2006/11/stuff.html, you would be familiar with the coffeehouse I have spoken of in the past. I had another mishap this morning. It was actually a bit of a dilemma on whether I would go there or not this morning as I was running late to work. But, I wanted to get something to eat and pick up a WSJ, so I made the stop. This place has the BEST muffins I have ever tasted, but today I passed on them. I ordered a Cinnamon Raisin Bagel with cream cheese to go. I pay for it and then the very nice guy goes away and comes back again and says. "ok. It will be ready in just a few minutes."
(I then realize they must be toasting it which I did not want because I can do it at my office) So, I say: "oh, I don't need that toasted." nice guy says, "oh, I charged you to have it toasted. Sorry about that." Me, "oh, no..that's fine." Nice Guy. "oh, do you want the 40 cents back". "no, that's ok."
So, then I wait for him to give me the bag with the bagel and cream cheese which should have only taken a few seconds….but I wait….and wait and I am thinking why is it taking so long. My state of being is curious, not angry or impatient. I just wait and then I get my bag and realize they PUT THE CREAM CHEESE ON THE UNTOASTED BAGEL. Boy, here's to either me being not specific or me being misunderstood or there is just something going on over at that coffeehouse.

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Maybe they put something "special" in the employees' coffee. =:0

Zoe said...

They've got some mensa caliber people working there.

r.d. said...

I'm still stuck on the fact that they 'charged' you to toast the bagle?! What's up with that? The problem is lack of focus- no one does it, they aren't listening so they don't hear you. That place sucks.

Middle Girl said...

There is definitely something going on there. Question is...what?

Your patience is commendable.

afuntanilla said...

r.d. -- I know! what is up with charging toast? price of labor is going up, I guess!

r.d. said...

It's just wrong-

storm indigo said...

Oh goodness. See, I cannot have ANY complications when it comes to feeding my coffee addiction. It makes me cranky. Just being charged for toasting would make me seek Coffee satisfaction elsewhere.