Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Stuff

The other day, I wandered down to a coffeeshop I go to when I want to use free wifi. When I am there, I always get the same thing…small capuccino. It comes in a small cup with a saucer. I mistakenly ordered a latte and after I paid, I said to the young, unfriendly girl…"sorry, I meant capuccino. Do I need to give you more money?" She said, "no, they are the same thing." I said, "oh, you mean they cost the same?" "No, they are the same" (me looking at her confused as all hell) Girl says, "latte and capuccino are the same drink"

I had to bite my tongue to correct her. I was too tired from my running and just wanted to sit down and zone out. Inside, I am thinking.."okay, whatever…where the hell did you come from". (I had not seen her before and I go there quite a bit so she is probably new)

I caught the other young woman who was actually making my drink before she started and said, "the latte is supposed to be a capuccino…and you could put it in a little cup with a saucer instead of that big mug? Thanks!"

Sometimes, you just gotta have it the way you want it. Especially at this particular coffeehouse which charges the most for coffee out of any place I have ever been in my life. Ever. But, the cashier…man…I just wanted to tell her what the freaking difference actually is between the two.


Last night, I went for a massge at a place I usually go to but at a different location. It was last minute cause my aching hamstrings could not wait any longer. So. I went in and the woman asks me what kind of pressure. Do I want deep tissue? Yes, I say…but I will tell you if it is too much pressure.
She says, "o.k., so just so you know…deep tissue is $15.00 extra." I wanted to just roll my eyes at her…in fact, I probably did roll my eyes. "okay" I said. (let me just say that NO ONE has EVER brought up a fee while I am standing in the massge room) It's a spa so the fees are already known and discussed beforehand, not with the massage therapist.

Anyways, the massage progressed and if that was a deep tissue that I got for $90, I was seriously RIPPED OFF. So, you know what…YOU DON'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!

I need a drink.... or a hug.... :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arg! That is such b.s. - from the Starbucks girl and the massage place you went to! I didn't ask for deep tissue and the guy almost killed me!
I take you out for a margarita tonight and keep sending it back until they get it right ;-)

afuntanilla said...

NO, it wasn't starbucks. it was SF Coffee Co. in highlands

Middle Girl said...

{{{here's your hug}}} If I could send a drink I would.

Nothing chaps more than being ripped off except for encountering clerks who don't know shit from shinola.

The Snarkess said...

I need a hug REAL BAD.

Or a margarita.

Anonymous said...

Common to the big ATL, Claire and we'll take you out!
Hell, everyone come on down! Sounds like we all need it!

Maggie said...

Hugs, sweetie. I've had the coffee thing happen.

I go right in for a massage and say, "I want a big Swedish guy with strong hands and an anger management problem" Deep tissue is not a problem. LOL

Anonymous said...

I'm sending hugs and drinks all around from the chilly Bay Area.

Hope everybody's Wednesday is better. :)

r.d. said...

Now you're talking- drinks and hugs...

afuntanilla said...

thanks all. but wait, r.d -- i thought you were not all that into hugs??? :)

r.d. said...

Did I say that? It depends on who's giving the hugs. You are right though in the sense that I'm not giving out to just anyone just because everyone else is. I gotta feel the connection, you know?