Friday, December 01, 2006

Friday

For those who don't know atlanta, many streets and sidewalks are in bad shape. Our sewage system has also been something in need of great repair. For the past few months, all thoughout my neighborhood, workers have been everywhere fixing the water line/pipes. Bobcats, Orane Cones, "NO PARKING BETWEEN HOURS 8AM-6PM" have been everywhere. One of the biggest benefits I have seen is the newly paved streets. The thick black tar is smooth like a new rug or a new blanket or something. Yesterday as I went for a run thru the 'hood, I ran up one of the newly paved streets and I swear, I just wanted to lay down in the middle of the street. It was so nice and there were no cars around. It seemed peaceful. I know that must sound bizarre, but that was my urge at the moment.

Last night watching Grey's Anatomy…I got choked up at the end. Am I the only one?

I feel cranky today. Irritable. I guess I don’t' really want to be at work right now. The rain has ceased and the sky is clearing and the temps are dropping. The wind is kicking up some and what sounds good to me is just walking around with a coat on and feeling the air. Maybe dipping in somewhere warm later on to get a hot cocoa. Anyone care to join me?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't watched Grey's yet. It's on tape.

I'm in for cocoa. Name the place and the first one's on me. :)

r.d. said...

If you got marshmellows then I'm in as well. I'll bring the Baileys.

About Grey's, What the hell is that all about? Her and her mother...I guess I don't know enough. Maybe you felt cranky today because of that? Sorry your day sucked.

Anonymous said...

Grey's - I thought it was sad that everyone is giving Christine the cold shoulder and I don't like how "hard" George seems now. He was so nice in season 1. Merideth's mom has an illness and she seems like she's always trying to get recognition or affection from her mom who because of her illness is incapable of giving it.
I love it when they repave the roads here in ATL - esp since so many of them are really poor and in much needed repair.
Count me in on the hot drink - although, I'm with r.d. - bring on the Bailey's!

Middle Girl said...

With you on the choked up over Grey's.

Copious amounts of hot cocoa -yes! I'm in. (or would have been)