Thursday, September 21, 2006



This Is the Best Coffee in the Nation. You heard it here, folks.
Peet's Coffee started in Berkeley, CA. and has grown quite bit over the years, but no where near(and thankfully) the growth and penetration of





Now, let me say that I am BOTH a Peet's fan & a Starbucks fan. For different reasons. Peet's stores are full of dark brown colors, giving it a rich earthy feel. They mostly have very limited seating in the stores and are limited to only on a few states, with of course, heavy doses in California. (sadly, none in Georgia)

Peets drinkers are akin to MAC users(of which I am also)..they are loyal to the core. While Starbucks is a truly phenomenal company in the way they have branded themselves, it attracts a much different customer. The great thing about Peet's is that they don't want to be Starbucks. They have their own niche and they do well at it. I order their coffee online or bribe friends in the bay area to send me a pound or 2. For XMAS last year, i was lucky to receive 4 lbs all from different friends. They know how to get to my heart.

I enjoy Starbucks for what they offer: good coffee, generally great service, and a comfortable atmosphere and of couse, because they are in GA and Peets is not.

And if you don't believe me about Peet's, would you believe Oprah? Recently, I caught about 1 minute of her show in my office breakroom while I was getting water. She was saying how she started each day...with a cup of Peets and lo and behold, she had people bring in a cup of Peets to all her audience members. How great!

Anyways...I have no idea why I am writing this...I guess i just felt like sharing something.

No comments: