Thursday, September 28, 2006

3 Blog Lounge

For lunch I had a grilled cheese sandwich and fries and while writing this, I am drinking a Hot Cocoa. Either I am PMS or just needing comfort. Maybe both. I can't even tell you the last time I had a grilled chese....between here & a few other blogs, there has been mention of abstaining from alcohol...while i did not trip onto the 40 day wagon, i had undertaken a solo journey to abstain just to kinda clean out my system....it lasted 27 days. on the 28th day, i took myself out on a date(i realize some make think these is totally goofy!!) and had a delicious glass of wine and tasty small pates at Krog Bar. The wine was a white from Spain...very, very tasty. I sat outside on the small patio and just enjoyed myself and watched folks as they came and went. I made a phone call to my best friend in CA. Upon hearing that I had taken myself out on a date, she asked, "well, do you think you'll get lucky?". Both of us chuckling, I answered, "well, you know, I might...i just might." After spending quality time in thorough enjoyment, I paid the bill and left. AND, let me tell you, I AM NO CHEAP DATE.
...Sadly, the Giants have disappared into who the hell knows where in the West & i have no idea who to root for in the MLB Playoffs....I'm hoping Astros can sneak in ahead of the crashing Cardinals. Monday Night Football was a disgrace for Falcon Fans. I was happy for NO, but a total disgrace for the Black and Red Birds from A-Town.
One of gifts I received for birthday was a box of flowers from 2 friends in SF....2 dozen roses of various colors...white, yellow, pinkish, a variegated pink & orange....soooo pretty and aromatic. What dolls they are...friends that is....my one friend, a jew girl from back east, calls me KID(even though i am older), The card attached to the flowers said, "Happpy Birthday, Kid" and I smiled BIG. I could just hear my friends voice. Filled me up, ya know.
...It's getting cooler and i tossed another blanket onto my bed last night. i've got my favorite candle on my nighstand...a scent called MADAGASCAR. Madagascar...off the southeast side of Africa....now, that is a place I'd like to visit...

4 comments:

Kelly said...

A very descriptive and lovely post, AF. For the record, I don't think it's "goofy" at all to take yourself out. Who deserves your attention more than you, after all? Right?

I feel the same way about the playoffs with both the Red Sox and the Giants out. At least Fall is in the air in the South and even we season-less folks in the Bay Area are looking for inklings of change. For me, it's the first inhalation of wood burning from a neighbor's fireplace as I get out of my car. Mmm....

The Snarkess said...

Can I come with you to Madagascar??

I used to take myself out all the time. I don't any more, and I can't think of why.

You've inspired me, A...

afuntanilla said...

kelly-thanks!! i'm glad you don't think it's goofy!

claire--come along!! keeps me posted if you decide to take you out...

r.d. said...

Root for the Tigers- they deserve it.

Congratulations on putting yourself first and celebrating that- sounded wonderful.