Friday, September 08, 2006

notes from a pseudo 3-dot lounge

So, Tom is back in the news...apologized to B. Shields yet still believes what he does about anti-depressants and post partum depression...hmmm...and now gracing cover of Vanity Fair. I have 2 words about this "news" of them in the magazine as they call it: WHO CARES?

Onto more pleasant things...it's FRIDAY and although I don't physically feel 100%, I am looking forward to working out and stretching out on the couch to watch the final matches of THE US OPEN and of course, the NFL on Sunday. Though, I will not be able to watch my BROWNS on TV, i will root for them in my heart. Should be an interesting "test" as they face the city under sea level. I'm hoping, no, I'm EXPECTING Vick to crush 'em in Carolina and T.O. to, (unfortunately) catch many passes and keep talking smack. For my pals out in SF, I hope 49ers actually win a game and I really hope ELI shows he is better than PAYTON.

It will be a fun, sports-filled weekend. One of the best weekend in Sports, in my opinion. I'm just happy there are some interesting and good players to root for on the blue courts in NY. I hope the final matches are close, exhausting and dramatic....the way sports should be...

over and out.

6 comments:

Trinity2 said...

I just got one thing to say - all these sports on tv right now are just something to pass the time until the REAL sport begins - which opening night is Oct 4, 2006!
(Can you guess what it is? ;-)

afuntanilla said...

let's see...ummm.. FENCING?

r.d. said...

Watched the whole Roddick match yesterday, that was a good one. One question: what the hell is up with that thing Sharapova was wearing? Sequins on a what looked like a little black dress?! Why, I don't get it.

As far as the sports these days, I find it depressing. My boys from Beantown are pretty much cooked and I've never been a White Sox fan or footbal fan for that matter. I will of course watch the Patriots but when baseball goes so do I.

afuntanilla said...

r.d. -- what do you mean? you are not a BEARS fan??

I know...sharapova's outfit i thought sucked!

r.d. said...

I could really care less about the Bears. My heart's still with the Patriots, I will however watch the Bears when they are on if I have nothing else to do. But that's rare.

I don't get it, really it's 2006- why aren't the women wearing shorts?! They can be sexy shorts if that's what everyone wants but little skirt type things?! come on now!! know what I'm sayin?

afuntanilla said...

r.d. -- bummer about the bears. Trin2 & I were hoping you would take us to a game if we came to CHITOWN. :)
If i was a tennis player out there, i'd be in shorts and a bandana, believe me!!