Sunday, September 24, 2006

35 Down!

As I embark on the 36th year of my life, I thougt to share 35 things about me with ya'll. Hopefully, things I have not yet shared in previous blogs.

I was captian of my high school soccer team. I wear glasses. I spent the early years of my life in the projects of San Francisco(now known as drug central). I once put up bond money for a friend to get out of jail. I was in the hospital for my 13th birthday. I wear bandanas at least once a day, though never at work. I love to gamble. I have boxes and boxes of journals from the past. I was a loner in school. I fell in love with Jamie Lee Curtis after watching her in Halloween. My most memorable XMAS gift was a red pair of Nikes(when i was so sure we couldn't afford them). I don't know my father. I drive a Nissan Xterra. I am skittish about swimming in open water because of JAWS. I've never been to Florida. I write to a brother who is locked up. I placed 3rd in my elementary school spelling bee when I was in the 6th grade. I loved to be picked up and swung around. I enjoyed going to our catholic church as a child. I love doing crosswords from the newspaper. I have a BS in Kinesiology. I dream about competing in the Hawaii Ironman. I seldom cook for myself. I have run 4 marathons and countless smaller distance races on legs doctors thought may never walk again. I don't like gardening. I love to iron, vacuum, and wash clothes. I am a minimalist. I smoked clove cigarrets a lot in my early 20's. i love to dance. I just bought the newest IPOD NANO. I have a hard time saying the words, "I need". I'm working on a book; a memoir. Toni Collette is my newest favorite actress. I buried my grandmother. And my mother.

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday! Thanks for sharing those 35 things. :)

Trinity2 said...

I love that! I was surprised that I knew just as many as I didn't know. I want to to take you to Florida!

Maggie said...

Happy Birthday!

That is a great list! Thanks for sharing.

The Snarkess said...

I didn't know a single one of those 35 things...that must have been an interesting post to write.

Thanks for sharing that. I feel like I know you better already...we'll have more to chat about when I get out there for that patio beer! :)

And...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

afuntanilla said...

Thanks All. I had a great birthday! Whenever you are ready, C'Mon over for a chat & a swig..

Zoe said...

I love reading these kinds of brief histories about people.

Happy Birthday!

r.d. said...

Hey HAPPY BELATED!!
Just as I had imagined, there's way more to you than meets the eye... thanks.