Wednesday, March 07, 2007

an important lesson about eating out

the other night, i had an appointment. just before i went in to appointment, i was going back and forth in my head trying to decide whether to go out to eat afterwards or come home and cook.

i decided to go out to a place where i really like their fish-n-chips. and they have good beer which i was in the mood for as well.

so,i get to the place and sit at the comfortable wooden bar, order my beer and look at the menu even though i already know what i want....

as i peruse the items, i see they have some pastas that sound good and healthy ...and of course with all the running, i need carbs....so, instead of the more greasy/fattening fish-n-chips, i order what i think will be a decent plate of bowtie pasta with some kind of tomato sauce.

i began eating it and let me tell you, it was such a major disappointment! it was almost tasteless. i was sooo bummed.

bummed beacause i was looking forward to eating out....

as i sat there, eating my less than mediocre pasta, i thought to myself, "lesson: go for the freakin' grease. get what you want."

...now i know why i often order the same things when i go to the same restaurants over and over. it's not that i am oppossed to trying new things; i just like what i like and when you looks forward to it, a mediocre or bad meal just sucks.

7 comments:

SassyFemme said...

Fran usually teases me for ordering the same things at various restaurants. I don't need to try new things, I know what I like there.

r.d. said...

Sucks big time, I'll second that.

Middle Girl said...

I too tend to order the same things if I liked it before. That has backfired on me, a time or two.

If I have a bad meal, I don't return to the restaurant, for a long time, if ever.

Trinity2 said...

I could have told you the pasta there sucks! Always go for the grease in that place!

Kelly said...

I'm a creature of habit, and while that isn't always the best course, it usually serves me well when eating out. I'm not an adventurous eater, so tried and true favorites usually suit me just fine.

Too bad about the bad pasta. Life is too short for bad food, cheap wine or flat beer. Better luck the next time. :)

storm indigo said...

what a bummer! your heart was in the right place, but nothing goes better with beer that that stuff that's not good for you ;).

I tend to try new things, but if I have my mind set on something that is what I go for.

canadian sadie said...

There is nothing more disappointing than thinking you're making the wiser choice, and having your meal suck.

I *DID* have fish & chips yesterday for lunch, (sans chips--lent and all) and man....I felt a little guilty, but it was soooooooo good, that I'm now over it. :)

Love the blog--thanks for stopping by mine. :)