Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A Season Ends

Well......the mighty Browns did not get into the playoffs. As mentioned in previous post, they had their own opportunity to win 2 weeks ago and lost a very winnable game. Watching the Colts vs Titans on Sunday evening was painful. All i have to say about that game is 2 things: 1) COLTS fan should be very grateful Peyton is healty because the back-up guy, Sorgi, is ATROCIOUS. 2) TITANS BARELY won the game against 2nd & 3rd string players for Colts. By all rationale, San Diego will pounce on Titans on Sunday.
Of course, I was so bummed while watching the game...knowing as each minute ticked off the play clock, the Browns season and my fun as a following fan was dwindling...

Now, for the positive side: finishing record was 10-6, best since 1994!!!
And I think the following comments sum it up:

Despite the obvious disappointment, the players said they aren't hanging their heads Monday.
"I'm shocked with 10 wins we're not in the playoffs but it is what it is," receiver Joe Jurevicius said. "We're not going to cry over spilled milk.
"I can sit here today with a smile because we did things the right way and when things are done in the right way it pays big dividends and it did that for us this year. Ultimately our goal of going to the playoffs didn't materialize but you have to be proud.
"This was a pretty good football year. It has been one of the most fun seasons I've had as a professional."


I'm also still looking forward to the playoffs. Who am i gonna root for now:
Here are the teams I am rooting for in order:
GREEN BAY PACKERS
WASHINGTON REDSKINS

It'd be pretty cool to see Brett Farve win a SuperBowl!

Thanks to all the Browns players who made this season super fun to watch. See ya in Fall 2008!!

2 comments:

r.d. said...

Glad you enjoyed the season afunt, may next year bring you more joy... and a win.

Zoe said...

Well I'm glad I'm a Colts fan because it balances out the misery of also being a life long Bears fan.