Saturday, January 05, 2008

Quirks

Part of me is very quirky. Here is what is looks like: I have a nice,
digital alarm clock but don't use it. Instead I use a very small and
plain, regular one that is an AA battery operated alarm clock.
I have had a new beautiful cutting board for about a year that I have
never used. Instead, I elect to continue to use one small and one larger
white ones that are quite mediocre.
I have about 6 Peets coffee bags in my fridge, however more than half of
those have just a few miniscule grounds left in them. I leave a little
and then I open a new bag. Why can't I just finish the one and throw
the bag away? Is this an attachment issue. (Also, there is more coffee
in my fridge than anything else)
Currently, on my coffee table, I have an unopened 1lb box of Sees Candies, NUTS & CHEWS (my favorite). It was a xmas gift and remains unopened.
Man...i must have some will power.

what are your quirky ways...?

10 comments:

r.d. said...

Don't worry afunt, we'll come visit you when they come to take you away... it'll be alright. THROW THE BAG AWAY AFUNT, THROW IT AWAY-

(just kidding. I'll have to give some thought to my own "quirks"- none come to mind right away)

I say you have a coffee/nut and chew party!

afuntanilla said...

you'd be proud....i threw out all the near empty bag this morning. the post must have prompted it.
the nut/chew chocolates are waiting for you...

Smerdyakov said...

Quirky? Hmmm, well I half a half dozen dead hobos buried in my basement that I haven't got around to dismembering.
I guess you could consider that quirky.

r.d. said...

Cool, I'll bring some red wine, that should go well with nut/chews and coffee.

poet said...

one of my quirky ways is shovelling the driveway. the banks must be perfectly even, and straight in relation to the way the house sits. once the major piles have been moved, it is time to neaten it up. now it is nearly perfect, of course, it is going to be mild for the next week, and melt all over the place, then we will have rain and it will get cold again and we'll have major ice to contend with. it so sucks, winter.

SassyFemme said...

Quirks? Hmm, I'd have to ask Fran, but I'm not sure I want to know the answer! :)

Trinity2 said...

Just know that the longer you have those nut/chew things the more stale they get! :-o
I can't think of any quirks at the moment.

Kelly said...

Here are four of my quirks:

1. My CDs have to be alphabetized by artist.

2. My books are first categorized by genre (biography, spirituality, etc.,) and then by author within that genre.

3. I don't like different foods touching each other on a plate.

4. I will also eat vegetables first mainly to get them over with since veggies are a challenge for me.

afuntanilla said...

i cannot believe most of you couldn't think of any quirks....thanks KELLY for divulging! question about the music...what if artist starts with a number? do you put last of first?

Kelly said...

Good question, AF. What I've done in the past is use the alphabetized spelling of the number (i.e., "30" would be under "th").