Friday, January 11, 2008

dining out

How disappointing last nights dining out excursion turned out to be. When
I left my office at about 6:30, I was undecided where or what to eat. I
started driving and remembered that I have been hankering for a baked
potato..and so I decided to go to OUTBACK! I rarely go but when I do, I
love it because I love baked potatoes and I loved their chopped salad
with blue chz and steak. I got seated immediately and ordered these
items mentioned above, along with a magarita on the rocks with salt.
I also ordered the potato with cheese and butter.
So. I was going over some work paperwork and the food was delivered. I
didn't even really look at it cuz I was absorbed in what I was doing.
When I finally did take a break to eat, I saw the salad did not match up
to previous experiences. Just did not look all that appetizing. When I
went to cut up the steak on top, it was EXTREMELY tough!! I was
already sore in my shoulder area and iit got worse from trying to cut the
damn steak. I looked over at my potato and saw that it had butter and sour
cream on it. ICK!! SOUR CREAM!!! NO WAY! Not for this girl.
I politely told my waitress that was not what I wanted so she brought
me the correct order, although she did not even APOLOGIZE! When it did
arrive at my table, it too, did not look to appetizing. Not sure what
happened here tonite but the food looked like it had been in the kitchen
for about 2 days before arrival to my table.
At least the margarita was good.
Maybe I should just shut up and be grateful I am able to afford to eat
a meal out or even be able to eat at all for that matter.

6 comments:

Trinity2 said...

Hey, at least you didn't have to wait 80 minutes!!

r.d. said...

I've never been to OUTBACK and probably will never go now because of what I just heard. That sucks for you, I would have asked for a free margarita at least-

You are thankful you can eat but that's rediculous and wrong so don't shut up about it.

afuntanilla said...

T2-I know...at least when we waited 80 minutes, we loved our meal.
RD - please don't let my one experience discourage you. I have had many other very good experiences at OUTBACK!!

r.d. said...

Oh don't worry Afunt. I never have had any desire to go there anyway. Threre's always so many other options to choose from. Plus I am never drawn to places like that and TGI Friday's and BENNIGAN'S and APPLEBEE'S, etc; overpriced, bad quality food plus I keep thinking kitchens in these places must be sooooooooooo digustingly dirty. I just get turned off-

SassyFemme said...

That's really odd that you had such a bad experience. We've eaten at a variety of Outbacks and never once had bad food.

Middle Girl said...

A bad experience is a bad experience. Yes, be grateful that you are able--but those in the biz should be putting the best foot forward...always.

Outback is hit & miss for me. Sometimes good, sometimes not...so much so that they are off my list, for the time being anyway.