Thursday, December 20, 2007

an open letter

i don’t want you to buy a christmas gift for me. why? because the only gift that would matter is the pleasure of your company. the best gift i could imagine are just a few hours or a few days where i could whisk you away to a place just for us. a place that might overlook the pacific ocean and where we could sit comforted by a burning fire. a place where we could enjoy a spicy Alexander Valley Zinfandel and watch the famous fog roll in and cover the land....a place where eucalyptus fills the night air and make me happy to breathe again. the gift that would matter would be the gift of your words...listening to you talk about anything and everything and watch as you become emphatic and loud and then soft and your tone close to a whisper. you could buy me everything but not one single thing would come close to just the simple gift of you.

5 comments:

r.d. said...

ok

(good luck with that afunt-I hope your wish comes true- sonds easy enough to me)

Trinity2 said...

That was beautiful!

afuntanilla said...

thank u, ladies

Maggie said...

And a seashell I found on the beach for you!

SassyFemme said...

Lovely!