Friday, December 07, 2007

morning and afternoon

This morning was rough: I had to tell someone at work that something they said to me last night was completely inappropriate and that i did not appreciate her comment. While she completely apologized and took responsibility, i was still rattled and really bothered by it. Not the best way to start off a FRIDAY! This particular individual has from time to time said some things in the past to me and whenever she does, I am baffled that such words actually come out of her mouth. Sometimes, I find this person to be quite unlikable.

Moving on: my afternoon went better. I walked over to the mall not looking for anything in particular...mainly was gonna get a sandwich at PANERA BREAD. But, then....I saw the Kenneth Cole store and sauntered on in. And then....it caught my eye....a satchel! I have been loosely looking for one because I made a promise to myself that if I got my work promotion, I would by one. Well, today was the day. It is sweeeet. It's a leather flapover portfolio bag (MENS's). I kinda chuckle to myself because being in the line of work I am in, I should really have something more feminine....but, oh well -- sorry...that just ain't me.

And you know what....it smells really fucking good. Nothing like good leather, baby!

5 comments:

canadian sadie said...

You should post a photo of it, I've been looking for something just like that for years now...but you know how it is, once you have an idea in your head of what you want, you can never find it!

Sorry your morning was stinky, but so pleased that you were able to confront your 'demon' and get it out in the open. Happy Friday!

afuntanilla said...

hey c.s. -- thx! nice to see ya again!!

Zoe said...

I love the smell of leather too. I also enjoy the way it sounds.

And who cares if it's a men's bag. Will anyone really know te difference?

afuntanilla said...

Zoe-yes, I love the smell-its been hovering. People might notice its a mens bag, but I can't worry about that, right?!

SassyFemme said...

Mmmm, I love the smell of leather!