Saturday, July 28, 2007

Seattle - Part IVb - (the much late finale)

Have been back from Seattle now for over 2 weeks and am just now relaying the last important parts. Sheesh.

As some of you readers now, I am a huge fan of Peets Coffee. (headquartered in Bay Area). Well, Seattle has a couple of stores and on my last 2 mornings in town, I went.

Sunday morning I took a taxi and was in heaven. I was so damn happy to be in Peets again!!

I got a small coffee and asked the barista to take a picture of me. She was startled. She had never been asked to take a picture of anyone in front of their store.

I love this picture. I am sooo happy. And it is sooo me: peets coffee in hand, race/running shirt, & a bandana.



I spent about 3 hours there, reading, on computer, and just sitting! Afterwards, went on a awesome 6 mile run with Lake Union in view and through the University of Washington's campus. Beautiful.

Monday morning i found the bus to take me there and stayed for another 1 1/2 hours. No where else I'd rather spend a free morning.

Overall: trip was relaxing and the breath of fresh air I badly needed. Great to get away and see some new sights and gain some perspective on many things. Seattle is an unspectacular city. No glitz or glamour. Nothing fancy. Which is exactly what drew me to it even more.

Cheers!

3 comments:

Maggie said...

I didn't know you loved Peet's! We "sorta" have one here. By that I mean...a local barista is a huge fan and sells their coffee. But under a different name. :)

ChickyBabe said...

I would have thought Seattle was a busy city but not so flamboyant, yet its heart lies in its people. Or that's the impression I get.

ChickyBabe said...

Not that I've been there, i should add :).