Friday, August 03, 2007

sports notes

I've got my CLEVELAND BROWNS cap on right now. I KNOW it's not football season YET ...but its a comin'! I just hope our freakin' new QB, Brady Quinn, actually SIGNS a freaking contract. This could actually be a very interesting season for the Brownies. Mind you, i said "interesting", not good. But, every year, i hope. i hope. i hope.

Now that Michael Vick has utterly embarassed himself, the team, the fans, this city....I will have a very hard time rooting for the Falcons. I know he most likley will not be around, but i just feel so sick of it all. He provided the excitement for this team and it was pretty cool. What a freaking waste.

Baseball season is going strong and even though SF Giants are in the cellar right now, it was pretty sweet to watch them take 2 out of 3 from the LA Dodgers in LA! I hope Bonds crushes some more balls and I hope Giants have a great rest of season. I'm Hoping. I'm Hoping...

Other than the Giants, I really have a hard time truly rooting for another team. i guess when you are a fan, you just ARE A FAN.
But, I feel like once playoffs come, i will have to root for a team. Maybe Arizona. They have a pretty cool, young team. I would also root for Florida, but they are not much better than SF. Oh well, there is always hope.

5 comments:

r.d. said...

Yeah, there's hope that you cometo your senses and root for the only team that matters-you know who I'm talking about...

afuntanilla said...

r.d - well, i guess THEY'RE ok for an A.L. team.

(hee hee)

Kelly said...

R.D. is right, AF. You know who your playoff team has to be. I feel the same way about our Giants but the Sox are my heart in the A.L.

afuntanilla said...

kelly - you traitor, you! :)

Kelly said...

Now, now. You've always known that the Sox are my other team. If the Giants ever faced them in the World Series, it would be the only time that I'd have to root against the boys from Boston.

Doesn't sound like a traitor to me, my friend! ;)