Saturday, August 04, 2007

father & daughter

At the end of my run today, i walked about .5 mile as a cooldown to my car. Walking in front of me was a man and a little curly blonde girl. she was wearing lime green Crox sandles. she looked about 3-4 yrs old. as i was about to pass them, the man said, "let the lady pass."
she was sooo cute. her little body. her little Crox. he was well built, in-shape looking. he was carrying a bag in one hand.

I walked straight to my car and just leaned across from it on some concete edge of a yard. I was just sort of in a daze. sweating and just content to lean, stretch and watch people walk by this busy part of the neighborhood.

i looked to my left and saw the man and little girl coming towards my direction. he picked her up and carried her. as he got closer to me, i said "she didn't wanna walk anymore, huh? "Yeah" he replied. "That's exactly what she said." they passed and kept walking forward. he carried her in his right arm and bag in left arm. i watch them for awhile. she put her hand on his face and was touching, poking him, playfully, it seemed. so sweet. so tender.

i felt. a missing.

3 comments:

r.d. said...

Sorry you're sad afunt-

Middle Girl said...

I ache for those moments I never shared with my dad and those my daughter had so few of from her dad.

Those scenes touch my heart in many ways.

Peace be with you.

ChickyBabe said...

Very touching.