Saturday, July 14, 2007

Seattle - Part I

One of my goals this year (as indentified on right hand side of blog) was to vacation in Seattle. Well, I made it. Here is part I of my trip.

Like I'm sure many people experience, the days leading up to my "vacation" were extremely hectic, stressful and chaotic. It was so crazy that I did not even get a chance to run for 4 days and THAT IS SAYING SOMETHING!!

So, Thursday rolled around and I was soon on my plane headed west. I brought reading material. The Might Heart, and the current issue of Fortune Magazine. I had my iPod. I was all prepared to sit tight for about 5 hours in the air.

The plane was a big one. Not sure what the actual # of it was, but it was big; it was one of those planes with 2 seats on the left, 3 in middle, and 2 on right side. So, as I am about to get all settled in and read, sleep, etc...I hear the loud noises of 2 small children directly in front of me. Actually, it was a whole family split between the 3 middle seats and 2 left had side seats. The 2 kids were probably 5, 6 or so. Man, were they loud, busy, ancy, bratty, etc... I couldn't help but think of T2 and how she would have sooooo loved this situation. I wonder if she would have said something to the kids or to the parents. They were constantly eating and throwing their food and the isle became cluttered with their shit. Um, Hello.... This is not your house or your play pen. There was food, wrappers, pencils, toys in the isle. NICE!

Actually, it sounds much more irritating than it was. I think i was just so happy to get on the plane that i couldn't even allow myself to get caught up with those kids. The thing that i noticed was just how much work they were and how i could not handle having kids like such. All the dad did the entire 5 hour flight was try to get them to settle down, quiet down, pick up after them, etc...Man, i was tired just watching him.

Anyways, somehow I was able to tune them out enough to read and listen to some tunes and shut my eyes a bit. Soon enough, I was in a city I had never been in and I was excited. Other than the kid stuff, the travel was smoothe. I checked into my hotel, the Westin, and was soon off to see the city.

3 comments:

canadian sadie said...

Sounds like the start of a great trip! I'm looking forward to hearing about what happened when you got there! :)

Maggie said...

Benedryl and coloring books. I swear by them.

Trinity2 said...

Omg! I think I would have had to say something or butter up the stewardress to move seats! Pray for me when I fly to London in Sept!