Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Tuesday Commentary

I woke up earlier than usual. I was alert, eager, and excited for the day.

Sometime about 10am, I lost that feeling....sigh...

The man who died in Sunday's Chicago Marathon was a police officer who had a heart condition, the autopsy showed. Did not die of heat problems. This is what I read in the paper today.

I got angry today and then I got angry AND frustrated at myself for feeling angry. BECAUSE, too often, i allow myself to get angry at the same shit....uugghh. Bang my head against the wall!!! I need to meditate. Seriously.

Went to the gym after work and as I was about to leave the dressing room to go out and run on the THRILLMILL when I noticed about 4 women sitting or standing and watching ELLEN on the TV in the lounge. I stopped to see what was the big deal: KATE WALSH was on. You better believe I grabbed a seat and watched the show....ahhh....the day got better. :)

Two good looking flicks are coming out this friday: We own the Night and Michael Clayton.....will be a good weekend at the SHOW!

I wonder what the world would be like today if Martin Luther King Jr. was alive today and sending his messages. We don't have anyone like that anymore. What figure out there is inspiring? Motivating? Uplifting? I cannot think of anyone. Maybe it's up to us...each of us in our own individual ways.....

I went to a coffee shop i don't normally go to and got a small coffee to go. As I was about to add cream, i noticed it was way too full and I needed to dump some out. The only place I could see was the trash can, but i didn't want to put the hot liquid in there. So, I noticed some water cups right there that I could use. By the time I had "fixed" my cup of coffee, the barista had come over and I said, "oh, the cup was too full, so i put the extra in this cup instead of the garbage." She smiled. "oh, that's nice. that was very kind of you."
That made me smile. And I went on my way.

3 comments:

Trinity2 said...

True - we don't have anyone like MLK Jr. It seems in this day and age we have breast beaters and fakes. It's up to each individual person to make a difference. That's all we have. It's a human responsibility.
Enjoy the movies!

Middle Girl said...

It's the small things that can sometimes make the biggest difference. It is..up to each of us.

r.d. said...

I toss that hot coffee right into the trash- Anyway, about that Chicago Martathon, what the hell man?! It was 85 degrees NOT 105 degrees, I don't get it and neither does anyone I know who ran the damn race. Yeah, they said water ran out at mile 7-10 and everyone was pouring it on their heads instead of drinking it (like that's never been done before) but they could still run- If you ask me, (nobody's asking)this heat thing was all psycological. People were freaking out because it was that hot and it was OCTOBER... You know this better than I do afunt, if someones running a marathon in October they must have trained in the heat in let's say maybe JUNE, JULY, AUGUST, SEPTEMBER!... you know what I'm saying?

It was an embarrassment to this city- It had been hot for days, hey mr. race organizer- maybe we should up the water supply?! My friend new the guy who died- horrible. After I heard that I said marathons should be abolished- they're no good for the body and there are other ways to get whatever you all get from running them- safer ways. Sorry I just took up a lot of space- this marathon thing was out of control.