Sunday, October 14, 2007

Streetlights

After my 17 plus mile run today, I stood on a corner waiting to cross the street. In front of me there was a woman in an SUV with her window rolled down. Attractive, short blond hair. We made eye contact. Her light turned and she was moving and ready to turn. She looked back my way twice and grinned....

On my way to dinner tonite, I was at a stoplight. There was a man holding a sign that said, "Homeless. Please help."
He was thin, maybe 40 yrs old, looking worn, tired.

I gave him a 5 dollar bill. His words to me were, "God Bless You."
I said the same thing back to him. I guess I felt fortunate to be able to go eat and wanted him to be able to get something too maybe....

1 comment:

SassyFemme said...

I love that you do for others who need!

I'm also incredibly impressed by 17 miles! Holy moly!