Friday, October 05, 2007

More Commentary

I am of the belief that people come into your life and there are lessons exchanged. I also believe the people who occupy a lot of your time, energy, etc...(positively or negatively) are those where the lessons are the biggest. But, sometimes....it is just plain TOUGH to GET THE FREAKING LESSON....

I drink gatorade and powerade after long runs and i do like gatorade better. it doesn't seem as sweet. But, the flavor i like best is called "Citrus Orange (or orange citrus)" and it is not available at too many places AND if it is, it is usually in the 32 oz. bottle, which i prefer not to buy. What is a thirsty girl to do??

A couple of friends surprised me the other night with a homemade dinner, 'happy birthday' streamers and signs and a homemade birthday cake with candles. IT WAS SOOOO COOL! I cannot even remember the last time I made a wish and blew out candles. It was pretty neat.

I'm itching to go roll some dice and trying to figure out where and how to make it happen. Where is my magic carpet when I need it?

i LOVE going into running stores. I slowly walk around and check out all the stuff: apparel, shoes, magazines, race postings/entries. It's truly my candy store. Just recently I bought a new pair of UNDER ARMOUR shorts.

I do not like the GEICO caveman commercials...they gross me out! And i don't think they are funny. Please tell me I am not alone....

Got word from my brother. His letters are wonderfully simple, tender. In my last letter to him, i told him i was waiting to hear on the promotion at work...
"I'm praying for your promotion at work...keep up your great work at your job. if no one pats you on the back for appreciation - God sees you."
He is my only connection to family. His letters are comforting.

I'm 3 for 3 on some baseball bets! AND I CANNOT BELIEVE Cleveland Browns are 16 points underdogs vs. New England on Sunday. Browns will cover. You heard it hear.

Happy Friday!

3 comments:

Trinity2 said...

I know - sometimes the people that have a negative effect never go away, either. Our lesson is to deal with them without letting them bother us. Tuning them out.

I only like that kind of gatorade, too. The other kind looks like pee.

That's so cool that you had a surprise party! What kind of cake?

Come to Vegas with B and I.

Nice shorts!

Those cavemen really freak me out and I don't like them, either. I like the cute little lizard!

I am glad that your brother writes and is ok.

Baseball? It's time for HOCKEY! Go Thrashers!!

Middle Girl said...

Why is it--the negatives draw us in so? why don't we, more naturally,accentuate the positive?

I detest gatorade. My daughter loves it though. All flavors.

Yes, please do tell: cake---make, model, serial number.

In the laundry?

Hardware/home improvement stores do it for me. Although I get a real kick out of bikes & accesssories too.

I like the GEICO cavemen but not as much as in the very beginning. Now they seem to be really reaching. They are going the way of the Budweiser whaaazup guys.

My brothers are ...well, better left unsaid. Glad though, you and yours have a relationship.

The broom is poised as the baby bears seem to be barely alive, much like their big bear cousins.

US women finished 3rd in the World Cup but tune-ups & qualifiers for the Olympics are right around the corners. Goooooaaaaaallll.

afuntanilla said...

t2 & od: cake was strawberry filing w/ chocoalte and vanilla icing. yummy!