Thursday, May 01, 2008

the way i am

this is a snippet of dialogue from AJ & I @ work today. i went near her desk and was filling out a fedex form/envelope: a little background: I took TRINITY to the airport this morning and then went to work.


Me: I am a GOOD friend. I am a GOOOD friend.
AJ: looks at me sorta blankly

AJ: I would just say get on MARTA...at THIS time of morning?! I mean, I can understand if she was sad or depressed or something and it was on the way home, but going there in the morning..No, I would have said, "TAKE MARTA."

Me: And that is why I don't ask you. I don't even think she asked. I just offered.


I like taking people to the airport and picking them up. it's just one of my things. i hit a lot of traffic coming back to work in morning rush hour, but it didn't even faze me. AND it's Trinity! C'mon. She's my bud!

5 comments:

Trinity2 said...

You are a gooood friend!And, taking me to the airport- I so love you for that!

r.d. said...

You're just normal afunt. A gooood friend yes but the person who wouldn't do that couldn't be called a friend at all. Who the hell is AJ- I hope she needs a lift somewhere someday and someone tells her "no way" take the bus. Karma man, karma...

afuntanilla said...

RD - can u believe I have taken and picked her up from the airport. Need to remind her of that. I forgot

Kelly said...

I was so grateful that you picked me up from the MARTA station and that T2 drove me to the station. MARTA was very easy and convenient once I was on the train, but it sure was great not having to take a cab. :)

SassyFemme said...

When friends or family come to town I can't imagine not picking them up or taking them to the airport, no matter what time.

I felt bad for Syd when we went down to MS, our flight was delayed by a couple of hours and she ended up having to pick us up close to midnight.