Sunday, May 11, 2008

Hike-Inn

Friday, I took the day off from work and went to the HIKE-INN with 2 friends. If you check out the website, you will see that in order to get to the INN, you have to hike 5 miles. I was really looking forward to the whole thing....something totally new & different. And, i was REALLY looking forward to getting out of the city!!!! The trees were getting pretty full and there was just GREEN everywhere. Awesome. The hike was moderate and very calming and peaceful. At the Inn, they prepare dinner and breakfast for you which was delicious. It was great to get some well-balanced meals!! I think the elevation was only about 3000-4000 ft, but the view was still phenomenal. I definitely could have stayed another day/night, but we only had 1 night reservation and the place was booked!

One the way back Saturday morning, I had to get a run in, so I decided to run with my backpack ( which was at least 5 lbs.) back to the trailhead and my car. It was challenging, but fun!

2 comments:

SassyFemme said...

That sounds like the kind of adventure Fran and I would love... good hiking and a nice place to stay.

r.d. said...

Glad you had a good time afunt but bunk beds and bath houses?! The actual hike better have been worth it... I'm just saying.