Sunday, February 17, 2008

Tasting the Good Life

Be happy for this moment, this moment is your life.
-Omar Khayyam

This definitely feels like the good life. I take one of the only empty
seats at THIS crowded, popular place in SOHO. Gracing my bar area is a
beautiful bouqet of white tulips, pink roses, snap dragons and a mix of other pretty flowers I unfortunately do not know the name of. I order coffee that comes in a delicate white cup and saucer and glance around the place. It is abuzz... lots of people leaning forward at their tables to talk together, other folks entering throught the front doors, all dressed in dark winter garments. A rich sophistication fills the air. Not stuffy, but comfortable and FULL (as in FULL of LIFE)
Eating at about noon, I'm delighted to order the Sour Cream Hazelnut Waffle with a side of warm blueberries, strawberries, & raspberries. Ahh...brunch and dessert all in one.

No comments: