Monday, February 25, 2008

latest book

As I lay in bed last night and was reading my latest book, I thought, "why am i reading this??"
here is what it's about: based on a true story of a black guy who was lynched in 1981. a friend of the guy was the person who found him and the novel is about how he and his brother/father deal with it. the brother and father own/work at the mortuary that are responsible for handling the body. it's incredible difficult because they knew him and were friends.

again...why am i reading this? i think i will stop. for now, at least. anyone got any LIGHT ideas??

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Since I'm the Queen of Nonfiction, I don't have much to offer except Maeve Bincy. She's an Irish writer most known for "Circle of Friends" and "Tara Road". Her characters are always interesting and the books are fun and often moving. They're a nice diversion from all the serious stuff out there.

r.d. said...

Hell yeah, how about some tv?!

afuntanilla said...

thanks Kel, will look into it.

r.d. -- pretty much all i watch on tv is sports, CNBC --
i do catch come old FRIENDS episodes now and then and those crack me up...but i need something to read when I go to bed.

Middle Girl said...

I finished something a few weeks ago, it has death as a theme but not so gruesomely as you've described... The End of the Alphabet by C S Richardson.