Monday, September 17, 2007

T2 would appreciate (or give me hell about this!):

One of the little quirks about me is that I have a tendency to keep strange things....like protective wrappers on things that need to be taken of. When she and I first became friends, she talked me into getting a cell phone. It took me a long time before I threw away the protective wrapper on my little Motorola StarTak cell phone. Boy, she used to get on me a lot about taking it off....after a long while, i finally did.

But...there are other things as well. I also have found I have a tendency to keep the valet tags on my keychain long after I have left a restaurant or whatever place i was where valet was needed. Why? Why and the heck do i keep the tag? I have no idea....i just do and it's always a bit sad when i finally tear the tag off...

I am not bringing all this up out of the blue, as might be imagined. I was making a smoothie the other day in my too cool blender and I noticed, yikes, a piece of protective covering on the buttons and such. I had never noticed it before. I was tickled. So, what do you think I did?

I left it on....

In other news....I am extremely grateful to be getting a massge in about 15 minutes. I need some body healing after logging some good miles this past weekend.

The CLEVELAND BROWNS WON!! 51-44 yesterday over intrastate rival, Cincy Bengals. Obviously, no defense here, but a win is a win, baby! Go Browns!

September has got to be maybe my most favorite month of the year. It often reminds me of a new soccer season beginning. When I was in high school, this was definitely on of the best times for me. I recall the smell of the grass up there on 9500 Stearns Ave in Oakland, CA. It always smelled as though it had just been cut and the cool air from the bay would make it's way over to our area and just become suspended, it seemed. It was cool, not cold.
I recall lugging my bag into the locker to change...my shy self, so self-conscious about my body, back then....putting on my shorts, shirts, shinguards and cleats and making my way down to the field. I felt we were a select group, me and my teammates. And soon enough, we would form 2 lines and run our laps to warm-up. A precious time, that was. Very memorable. And so, Fall....reminds me of those later afternoons, early evenings at B.O.D.

4 comments:

Trinity2 said...

OMG! Off with the wrappers!!

afuntanilla said...

i know...i know...you might have to actually come over and take it off. :)

Middle Girl said...

unless it hampers the operation, i leave protective coverings on also, sometimes.

SassyFemme said...

Fran leaves the wrappers on too, drives me insane!