Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Climbing

"The rung of a ladder was never meant to rest upon, but only to hold a man's foot long enough to enable him to put the other somewhat higher." ~Thomas Henry Huxley

I have been on the same rung of a ladder for what feels like a VERY LOOOOONG TIME. I have had been patient, i have worked hard and i have had to dig deep to keep fighting ahead for that which is important to me. The time on the rung has not been easy. I kept looking up at the rung ahead and knew i could stand there, but i couldn't, just yet.

Well, after much planning, sweat, and yes, tears, i am on my way to the next rung.

On my 37th birthday yesterday, i found out i got the promotion i have been wanting at work.


I am thrilled, to say the least.

10 comments:

Kelly said...

Woo hoo! Congratulations, AF! You deserve it. I need to give you a call and hear all about it. :)

afuntanilla said...

thank, kel!!!

Zoe said...

Congratulations! And Happy Birthday!

afuntanilla said...

hey zoe!! thx very much!!

Trinity2 said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats!! And, well done!!

r.d. said...

I'm calling you now but since you won't answer the damn phone I'll take this space to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well done AF, well done...

SassyFemme said...

Fabulous! Congratulations!

afuntanilla said...

thanks so much all!!

Middle Girl said...

Well..Hot Dog! Congrats and happy happy joy joy!!!

storm indigo said...

That is fantastic. Congrats!!!

And Happy Belated Birthday.

peace